GRAPHIC DESIGN & ILLUSTRATION
This dynamic Graphic Design & Illustration course examines the design process, the principles of graphic design and illustration and outlines basic skills needed for obtaining a career in art and design.
REQUEST SAMPLE LESSON
About the Course
This course utilizes entertaining videos and engaging PowerPoint® presentations, along with pre-made lesson plans, projects and activities to make prepping for classes easier. Set up to be either teacher-led or student-paced, the course provides the basis for students to communicate effectively through graphic design. This course is designed to be used with any type of software program, whether students are using a basic word processing program or an advanced design program so students can become better designers at any level and in any setting.
Check Out Some of the Lessons Found in This Brand New Course!
Graphic Design Basics: Typography
Learn the basics of how to use typography effectively to draw interest and communicate!
Graphic Design Basics: Color Theory
Explore how to use color in design to evoke emotion and capture attention!
Graphic Design & Illustration Course Playlist
The Graphic Design & Illustration course playlist will be available for preview Summer 2018 with the course launching Fall 2018. As new lessons are added they will appear in the course playlist.
- History & Evolution of Graphic Design
- Legal & Ethical Responsibilities in Graphic Design
- Introduction Digital Communications
- Introduction to Microsoft Office
- Critiquing Artistic Designs & Media
- Drawing Basics
- Design & Layout Principles
- Graphic Design Basics: Color Theory
- Graphic Design Basics: Typography
- Graphic Design Basics: Composition
- Graphic Design Basics: Printing
- Fundamental Photography
- Creating A Portfolio for Digital Media Careers
- Entrepreneurship in Design
- Virtual Field Trip – Contract Cre8ive
- Virtual Field Trip – Slate Group